Total Pageviews

Thursday, September 16, 2010

I'm your Mama FIRST...then your Friend

If you have a teen or a tween than you understand were I'm coming from. I always have believed that in order for a child to respect you, from the beginning your child MUST know his role, and that's that you are the parent and make the rules with fairness and loving concern on there part. I don't play that shit of saying one thing and doing another. If I say NO its NO. If I say maybe and give you alternatives that you must follow in order to get to a "yes" out of me than you must do that. Children need to understand that rules are in place to protect them not to make life miserable and boring. Also children must realize what goes on in your household may not always be what's going in their friends household. All parents have there style idea of parenting. Some or strict and some are liberal and some don't have any rules what so ever. That is all fine. There is no handbook written that we as parents were given with a yellow highlighter to mark "keypoints"...most of us follow from our parents or someone they were parented by. Me personally am strict but I feel its done with loving care because I want my kids to understand that what they do NOW as children and young adults will FOLLOW them into adult hood. Wild child equals wild grown up. Umm....let me see.....NO I don't think so. I don't know if its just me, but when I send my kids to school or around some there friends, when my kids come home they almost need to be "reprogramed." I don't let my kids go ANYWHERE they want ANYTIME, they want and with WHOEVER, they want, and NO they can't have just any random kid spending the night and NO they can't just spend the night over there "friend" house cause that's they friend. See I'm the mama that want to meet the parent/parents and go into the home of the kids house MY kids are visiting...just to give see what environment my child will be in. I don't mind any childs parent who visit my home to just drop they kids off...I welcome you into my home. See how I live.....not because you being nosey BUT because you want to be sure your child is in a safe enviroment AND god forbid something happen, don't you want to be able to say to to police what I look like, what I drive, details about my house ect.....I sure as hell want to know those things, cause my kids are my babies (yeah I know only muffin is actually the baby, but my bigger kids are still my babies so jus hush *smile* ) I FUCKING LOVE EM! So please a mama/dad FIRST to your kids.....if they get mad, so what, you the parent run that household and they will be able to tell you love them even thru the discipline.  P.S.A... this blog was inspired due a 15yr old I LOVE to pieces but wanna go and throat chop. I'm just saying.

No comments:

Post a Comment