Total Pageviews

Monday, November 29, 2010

Muffin's purpose

I have been at work one month and 3 weeks. Time is moving right along and I wish I could slow it down. Working with moms everyday has been a wonderful experience. I especially love the moms who have never given breastfeeding any thought at all. There virgins minds are ripe for the picking. They are filled with tons of questions and need a listening ear. I've had a few who thought they had to drink milk to make milk...and since they didn't like milk, they couldn't breastfeed. So many myths and old school beliefs out there that you almost want to buy each mom a copy of the Womanly Art of Breastfeeding. Now let's get to Muffins purpose. I feel Muffin was born with a purpose of more than bringing me unexpected joy, happiness and adding more love into our family unit....... BUT to be breastfeed and help me become a teacher to other moms. Muffin, mommy says thank you for learing how to breastfeed and being patient with me when I got frustrated and almost gave up. Yeah I know she can't read this right now and has no understanding of the benefits of breastfeeding except it comforts her and taste good. Basically if she wasn't born I would of never ever given breastfeeding a thought. Also big koodles to my girl Tina who was a big inspiration to me as well. She knew Muffins purpose to and I'm glad I had faith in all she (Tina) taught me. Well toodles for now got to nurse Muffin, she stirring and its almost 2am..her middle of the night snack. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment