Total Pageviews

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

So Afraid its getting worse (BPPV)

I dont know if you have ever heard me tweet about having vertigo. To be exact its Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo (BPPV) and its not a very nice condition. Just the art of changing positions to turn over in bed or bend down to tie my shoe can set the BPPV off. Scary stuff I tell ya. I didnt even know I had this until almost 6yrs ago getting ready to drive to work I leaned down to grab my cell that was under my seat and literally I began to fill like someone had me by the feet and was spinning me around. You know the feeling you get when you felt when you were little and use to be fun to spin around real fast then try to walk straight and you would fall over. Well imagine that 1000x worse and you stitting still. I didnt know what was happing to me. For being alone didnt help and not being able to stand. As hard as I tried when I feel out the car trying to get in the house I ended up just beside my car for 2hours. By then I had vomited on myself and was appearing to be drunk. My neighboors got me to the hospital and thats when I learned what I had. This has happen again 4times now in the last 6yrs..but what scaring me is its happen 3times already in the last 10 months. I have a script for meclizine that has been a life saver but I have to take them 3 times a day. Thing is I hate taking pills. Especially If Im not having a attack. Why take medicine I dont need at the time. However having two attacks less than 7days apart has me afraid. Wondering If I go to pick Muffin up will I "spin out" and no one is around to help me. Because Im literally helpless. It would just kill me to be laying there hearing her cry knowing I cant help her. A called has been placed to see my Dr. and see what needs to happen to get this vertigo under control. Lucky for me the last time I had a severe attack I was at home and my kids were there to assit me and watch Muffin. I had one this moring bending down , reaching under my desk to turn on the computer and had a eposodie but it was as severe. I took my meds and was able to continue work. There are a few people I would love to see burst into flames and their ashes get pissed on my maggots, however this here vertigo....I dont wish on ANYONE! Okay thats all for now. Hope everyone is having a wonderful hump day.
~Toodles~

No comments:

Post a Comment